Ever felt lost at sea? Like you were surrounded by nothing but gusting winds and crashing waves for hundreds of miles? Well if you haven't, picture yourself in the middle of all that, at night, in the winter, on an empty ship with nothing but a notebook, a pen, and guitar.
It was in an atmosphere not so different from this that The Tide Rose came to be. As tides were rising and storms were brewing, songs were appearing on the surface of the ocean like roses from the deep. Every rose needs a platform to shine and that's why Keilan Creech and Whitney Caroline created The Tide Rose in early 2015. Beginning on wintery Sunday nights, every week for 10 weeks a song would wash up on the shores of Richmond, Virginia.
With nothing but their voices and a guitar, The Tide Rose continues their tradition of crafting beautiful melodies, tight harmonies, and refined lyrics that are written to take you on a sonic journey. So whether you wish escape to the middle of the ocean or another place of your choosing, let The Tide Rose take you.
- "With a self-proclaimed nautical folk sound, The Tide Rose is a beautiful marriage of voice, lyrics, and musicianship. The seemingly effortless harmonies and melodies combine to become a single force that carries the listener off on a voyage across uncharted waters to a place where one could simply loose themselves in peaceful reflection." -RVA Music Scene
- Selected "Best of Music" on Virginia This Morning on CBS6 for 2015.
- NAUTICAL EXPERIENCE - We're partnered with the Riverfront Canal Cruises & have held "Boat Shows" - we sold out our 1st one in September and had a great turnout for our 2nd in October.
- FILM - 6 of our songs were placed in a local full-length feature film called "Shooting the Prodigal," which held a private screening at the Byrd theatre in November
- PLAYLISTS - Our songs, "Wade In The Water," "Come What May", and "Come Home" have been featured on Indie Playlists including "The Indie Folx," "IndieFeed," "Muddy Paw PR" & "alexrainbirdMusic"
- TV - We played a live acoustic set on CBS 6 the day of our EP release, November 20
- RADIO - We've been guests on local radio stations including WDCE 90.1FM & WRIR 97.3FM
- LOCAL RVA VENUES - Cafe Caturra, The Mott Gallery, Manakin Market, Chesterfield Berry Farm, The Tin Pan, The Wine Loft, Urban Farmhouse, Ashland Coffee & Tea, Capital Ale House, Southern Railway Taphouse, The Camel
- NON-PROFIT EVENTS - VCU's "Take Back the Night," Elijah House Academy, Good Neighbor Community Service's "Corn-hole for a Cause," and a personal show at "Ronald McDonald House"
- FEATURED - Shockoe Sessions, Richmond International Film Festival